Take a break from the crowded touristy Rome enjoining an amazing guided wine tasting.
Wine and art lovers, this is your time!
You are invited to a trip back to time, a time of Popes, strangers, dangerous streets, great artists and struggle: Rome at the time of Caravaggio.
Be ready to enter into a complete different dimension, learning about the amazing artist Michelangelo Merisi, known as Caravaggio, through his art, controversial lifestyle and destiny.
Discover Rome in the 1600, how it was, get involved in a unique, passionate performance about history and legends while tasting some of the wines served at the time at the table of the riches, clergy, and the common people.
Caravaggio and his life, the importance of food, his personal and intimate mood, will be explored in a very personal and engaging way.
Let’s learn about wine in Rome, the relation of the city with the “Nectar of Gods”, let’s taste some of the varieties known at that time, filling our mouth with nice wine and our eyes with the amazing Caravaggio’s masterpieces.
This is a wine tasting you’ll never forget, definitely.
- Friendly, local food and art historian guidance
- Wine tasting: three good wines selected by professional sommelier offered
- Appetizers offered: bruschetta, salami selection, cheese selection, seasonal vegetables, italian biscotti – generous quality food selection on the theme
- Performance about Caravaggio
- Caravaggio’s map
- Personal shopping
- Additional food not included in the program
- Hotel pick up and drop off